Life in Brookings is full of outdoor activities like fishing, surfing, hiking, a vibrant art scene, musical events, and a genuinely friendly small town atmosphere. Brookings may be small, but provides a wonderful way of life with quality education and health care resources. Once people move to Brookings they never want to leave. With mild temperatures, low crime, an easily walkable town and port, Brookings-Harbor feels like home the day you get here.
The Brookings-Harbor area is located in the middle of America’s Wild Rivers Coast at the southwestern corner of Oregon. We are bordered on the south by California’s Del Norte County, on the west by the Pacific Ocean, on the east by the Siskiyou National Forest, which includes the Kalmiopsis Wilderness Area, and on the north by the Cape Sebastian headland. We are the southern gateway to the fabled, beautiful and world-famous Oregon Coast. Our Curry County Coastline is generally acknowledged as the most pristine, ruggedly spectacular, picturesque and accessible coastline on all of the West Coast.
Moving to a new area can be an exciting experience but can also present a number of challenges. There is no doubt you will have many questions about your move and RE/MAX Coast and Country will be there, on your behalf, to make it a pleasant and informative experience.
One of the first things you will want to do is get in contact with a licensed real estate broker who can help determine the best housing options for you. Our experienced Relocation Specialists have successfully relocated hundreds of families to and from the area and are dedicated to meeting the needs of home buyers and sellers beginning with the initial consultation and ending with a successful closing.
In addition to providing you with a very comprehensive, informative relocation packet on the Brookings, Oregon area, our agents will impart their expertise and knowledge to you to include detailed information on areas within our city, various neighborhoods, educational options, cultural and educational data, health and medical facilities and the joys of life in the City of Brookings.
Does My Real Estate Agent Need Relocation Expertise?
- Professional Assistance - You may feel slightly better to know there are professionals who make it their business to alleviate fears, to ease the stress of the relocation for families, and to smooth the transition to a new home. You don't have to lose sleep over finding the right home in your new community. RE/MAX Coast and Country Professional Relocation Specialists are trained to help families and individuals find new homes in the best location at the best possible price for their situation.
- Area Tour - When moving to another state, sometimes you don’t know enough about the city, neighborhoods, schools and commute times to make a wise purchase decision. Our Relocation Specialists are happy to spend the time showing you the area, giving a little area history, helping to orient where you will be working, viewing some homes in different areas of interest and taking the time to make sure you are comfortable with your move.
- Home Finding Assistance – Our Relocation Specialists have a great knowledge about the areas in which they work and live. They are relocation trained and are committed to providing personalized service to each and every client they assist in finding that perfect home. They take the time to make sure your home purchase is the right one for you and your family.
- Home Sale Assistance – If you are relocating from the Brookings or Southern Oregon Coastal area and need to sell your home, RE/MAX Coast and Country Agents have the resources you need for maximum exposure of your home to potential Buyers. We can provide a free comprehensive BMA (Broker Market Analysis) of your home and give advice on preparing your home for the best showing potential. Learn more about RE/MAX Coast and Country's services for Selling a Home.
- Temporary Living – If you need a place to rest your head temporarily until you've found that perfect area and home to buy, RE/MAX Coast and Country can refer you to a full service property management service to assist with your temporary housing needs.
When you're moving to a completely new area, a Relocation Specialist can help cut your stress and anxiety immeasurably. Relocation Specialists understand that there's much more to a big move than packing your belongings and filing a change of address form with the post office. They have an elevated level of expertise, as well as special experience and perspective, that inexperienced real estate agents simply can't provide to relocating homeowners. Learn more about Choosing the Right Realtor® here.
Questions to Ask a Prospective Relocation Specialist
Choosing the right Relocation Specialist requires some homework on your part. When you interview potential Relocation Specialists, here are some basic questions to ask. You should add to this list your own specific needs.
- How long have you been in this business?
- What kind of professional certifications or designations do you have?
- How many relocation clients have you personally assisted?
- Do you charge for relocation services?
- Can you provide references from recent relocation clients?
- How are you different from other relocation specialist?
It’s best to talk with a number of different professionals to find one who understands your personal needs and who is personally compatible. Don’t be afraid to ask a lot of questions during the interview. A truly professional Relocation Specialist will welcome your questions and the opportunity to discuss your concerns.
Relocation Concerns? They're Only Natural
Make no mistake, relocating is a huge undertaking, whether you are going through a corporation or doing it on your own. You will have several big questions and concerns and the professional Relocation Specialists at RE/MAX Coast and Country stands ready to assist you in any way possible.
Things To Do
Calendar of Events
Arts & Culture
Beaches & Parks
Boating & Fishing
Visitor Packet Request
Life in Brookings
Events Venues and Services
Search for a Relocation Specialist
Buying a Home
Selling a Home
Choosing the Right Realtor®
Pricing Your Home to Sell
Preparing Your Home to Sell
Change of Address
Request More Information